Improve Indoor Air Quality with an Air Scrubber
According to the EPA, indoor air may be as much as 5 times more polluted than outdoor air. We spend most of our time indoors and unfortunately may not be breathing the cleanest air possible. LA Construction Heating and Air Conditioning offers many different indoor air quality solutions for your home and we are proud to offer Air Scrubber by Aerus. You can improve indoor air quality with and Air Scrubber by Aerus, which uses state of the art technology developed by NASA. This technology is called ActivePure®,and is the only air cleaning technology awarded the prestigious Certified Space Technology seal of approval by the Space Foundation which was created in cooperation with NASA. To better protect your family from allergens or harmful contaminants consider installing an Air Scrubber by Aerus.
How Does An Air Scrubber Work
The air scrubber is attached directly to the HVAC system ductwork to remove air pollution, VOCs, surface contaminants, pet dander odors and dust. The ActivePure® Technology combined with high intensity UVC lighting destroys over 99% of airborne and surface contaminants. The powerful oxidizing molecules are safe to humans and pets but kill mold, fungi, viruses and bacteria in the air and on surfaces. This leads to a cleaner, healthier and more efficient home. It is the perfect solution for homeowners and business who want to reduce and eliminate harmful contaminants from indoors.
Benefits of Air Scrubber by Aerus with Active Pure®Technology
So how can an air scrubber help you? Below we discuss the benefits for your family and home:
· Reduces exposure to viruses and bacteria and their effects on your health. Can lead to reduction in respiratory issues, common cold and flu. It is proven to destroy up to 99%of all surface contaminants including those on doorknobs, countertops, floors and light switches preventing cross contamination. It is proven to kill over 90% of RNA viruses such bird flu, swine flu, MRSA, SARS and the common cold. Keep in mind, although Covid-19 is also an RNA virus, the efficacy of virus killing products on this virus have not yet been tested in the indoor air quality industry.
· You’ll breathe easier, especially for those that suffer from respiratory ailments such as asthma. Air Scrubber Plus® actively treats the air by continually sending out ActivePure scrubbers throughout your home to greatly reduce VOCs, dangerous contaminants, mold, odors, and pollutants in the air. Furthermore, the air scrubber technology will purify your air and reduce irritating particles such as dust,pollen and other allergens that can worsen seasonal allergy symptoms without using ozone.
· It can extend the life of your HVAC system. The air scrubber is easily installed directly at the ductwork system. It can trap dirt, dust, and other debris before they have the chance of entering the cooling and heating system and causing possible damage. A protected, optimally running system can save you money on electricity bills and service calls, replacements, or repairs.
Is an Air Scrubber Effective?
Yes! An air scrubber has been proven effective and safe in NASA studies, Harvard University Studies as well as other university studies on various air and surface contaminants indoors. It has been clinically proven to reduce dust, pollen, and other allergens therefore effective at improving indoor air quality, health and wellness.
How is Air Scrubber by Aerus® different from other Air Quality Solutions?
There are a few key differences between an air scrubber by Aerus® and other air quality solutions.
· Air Purifier- An air purifier is a type of cleaner that captures and kills contaminants within the air purifier itself. An air purifier uses both positive and negative ions that attach to contaminants to destroy them. The larger particles are led to a higher MERV filter. An air purifier will require filter maintenance to keep its efficiency and effectiveness at providing cleaner indoor air. On the other hand an air scrubber uses negative ions to attach to contaminants in the air and on surfaces, disrupts their DNA and does not use a filter.
· Electronic Air Cleaners - Electronic air cleaners remove dirt and debris by using an electrical field to trap the particles like a magnet. The trapped particles remain until the panels are cleaned. Keep in mind however that air cleaners become less efficient the more particles it has trapped.
· HEPA Filters – High-efficiency particulate air otherwise known as HEPA filters block 99.97 percent of all particles 0.3 micron or larger. They are able to capture nearly everything including VOCs, bacteria and viruses, but smaller strains can still pass through it. Keep in mind, HEPA filters usually require an additional fan to push air through the filter. If your system is not made to be used with a HEPA filter, the blower will not be enough. Learn more about different types of filters here.
· UV Lamps – UV light kills viruses that come within a certain amount of inches from the lamp for at certain amount of seconds, so they cannot purify your whole home or reduce surface contaminants.
· Ozone Generators – High levels of ozone kills viruses, but is not safe to humans and animals so should only be used at times when humans and animals are not in the home.
Give Us A Call Today
Contact LA Construction Heating and Air today at (818)341-3406 to learn more about installing the Air Scrubber by Aerus® in your home. Improve indoor air quality to breathe easier and improve your overall health and well-being. With ActivePure® Technology, you can go beyond traditional air purification systems by not only eliminating stale odors and reducing dust, but actually eliminating harmful contaminants in the air and on the surfaces of your home. To learn more about the Air Scrubber Plus and other indoor air quality solutions, contact LA Construction Heating and Air today. To learn more about services our company offers, please visit our homepage.
Improve Indoor Air Quality with an Air Scrubber Related Posts:
- Air Quality Solutions
- Air Scrubber
- Easy Ways To Reduce Your Air Conditioning Bill This Summer
- Signs Your Home Has Poor Indoor Air Quality
- Top Causes of HVAC Airflow Issues