Choosing The Best Heating Repair Contractor in Los Angeles
Los Angeles is a city known to be prone to the phenomena called micro-climate, and because of that some areas more than others are in need of heating services in the winter and air conditioning in the summer. Extreme weather conditions mostly affect areas in the valleys, since ocean presence on the coast balances out air temperatures. Due to this climate condition, having a quality heating and ventilation system and a reliable heating repair contractor is a necessity for all inland homes.
Despite the numerous HVAC contractors available in Los Angeles, there are recommended guidelines to be followed to accurately choose a contractor capable of reliable service.
Who is a heating contractor?
Before we go into details on how to effectively choose a reliable heating contractor in Los Angeles, let's first define the term.
A heating contractor is a Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) contractor that performs installation, servicing and repair of heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment. The HVAC system is a good way to invest your money and increase the value of your home, primarily because keeping your house in a controlled temperature is one of life's basic necessities.
Here is a list of service that most HVAC contractors in Los Angeles area will offer:
- Floor or wall furnace / heater repair
- Annual or semi-annual inspection of your HVAC system intended for up keeping and monitoring the status and condition of your system.
- Replacement or installation of a new heating system in your house. They can also offer suggestions on what kind of system will be appropriate and cost effective for your house.
Hiring a Heating Contractor in LA
Choosing a reliable heating repair contractor in Los Angeles is a pretty basic, but very important step. Follow these guidelines and you will be on your way to having comfort restored in your home without any unpleasant surprises:
• Look for California State License Board C-20 licensed contractors. Competent contractors should comply with all regulations imposed in the state including EPA certification. Ideally, HVAC technicians should possess NATE (North American Technician Excellence) certification as a proof that they have undergone an intensive training program on operating heating system.
• The reputation of the contractor is also an important factor. It is best for you to consider referrals of other people rather than taking the risk of trial and error. Check out some review sites online to see what other customers are saying about their experience with any particular company.
• Repair is one of the most common services provided by the HVAC contractors. It is therefore important that a technician who visits your home is highly trained, skillful and knowledgeable to avoid causing further damage to your system. You can usually tell how knowledgeable a technician is by asking some questions about what happened to your heater or furnace and how he is planning on fixing the problem. In case of installation, the sales person should be able to give you some options and explain his recommendations in plain English that you can understand.
• And lastly, it is very important to ensure that the Los Angeles heating repair contractor that you hire is covered by Commercial General Liability insurance and Worker's Compensation insurance. This is done to ensure that in case of liability your property will be protected as well as that their worker's work injuries will be covered.